Here she is...New Silvy

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 27, 2013.

1. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

Well, I picked up the new ride today. And I must say, it's awesome. Every Chevy truck I buy just keeps getting better and better.

The truck is
    2013 Silverado 1500 LT
    Ext. Cab, Standard Box
    4x4, Z71

It's kind of a crappy day out so I only snapped two quick shots, I'll hopefully get a couple more this weekend after I get the windows tinted and get it cleaned up better then the dealer's quick "wash".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was really debating on the Chrome Package vs. Z71 Appearance Package and I'm extremely happy I went for the Z71 package. I love that painted front end.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Congrats on the new ride...:great: Look'in Sharp...
  3. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Nice! A lot of possibility for Looks....
  4. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

Thanks guys!
  5. stchman

stchman New Member

Sharp looking truck.

You can always add the chrome door handles and mirror caps. Also you can get a chrome tailgate handle overlay on ebay for like $25.

I added the EGR rail caps and TonnoPro solid tonneau cover.

You going to get some assist steps?

I like that red color, hopefully the cops won't notice it too much. Give us some interior pics please!!!!
  6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I will get some interior pics up in the next day or two. It actually has bed rail protectors and bed liner from the dealer. When it comes to adding chrome accents, I really like everything being red. I do not like tonneau covers as I quite frequently have tall things in my truck. I am picking up a black low profile toolbox this weekend. Personally, I have never been a fan of assist steps. I went from a 2500hd with no assist steps to this, so stepping into this truck with no steps is no big deal at all. I will also get some close-shots of the console safe I installed and the custom pinstripe this weekend when it's hopefully not so gloomy out.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Very nice looking truck, endless possibilities!!! You should have kept your old bullbat and put it on this truck, all you had to do was flip the brackets upside down and it would've worked. I took my bullbar off my 2500hd, flipped the brackets and mounted it on my 1500.

Anyways enjoy your new truck!!
  8. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

I do have the bull bar still. But, I decided to sell it tho, I'm not a fan of a chrome bar on a painted front end.
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

Looks awesome :great: When it comes to color I love either that red or white. I say billet front bowtie, install leveling kit/bigger tires, remove air dam, tint and it will be perfect :glasses:
  10. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

The truck came with the wheel and tire warranty so I'm going to keep them for a while. Tint and air dam removal are coming this weekend. As for a leveling kit, that is a possibility. Never thought about a billet bowtie, that'd look awesome. I also want to find a tailgate handle that is painted so it'll match the rest of the painted handles on the truck.
  11. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Nice looking truck!!
  12. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

13. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

grats on the new ride!

Alex
  14. stchman

stchman New Member

I got the TonnoPro HF-155, it is a tri-fold cover so you can still haul tall object in your bed when need be. The HF-155 is a vinyl covered hard tonneau cover.

I would not get rid of the front air dam, it is there for a reason. The front air dam is used to direct air for cooling. If it was un-necessary, GM would have not put it on the truck.

Leveling kits IMO are almost un-noticeable and not worth the price.

I like the looks of the golden Bowtie, so it is up to you if you want to change it.

I have a chrome tailgate handle, got it on ebay for ~$25. A red one might be on there.

Here is a complete set in chrome:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Chevy...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e73ce585a&vxp=mtr

You don't have to use the mirror covers.
  15. Skippy

Skippy New Member

Very nice! Congrats. Love that "new" smell. :)
  16. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

The air dams seem to rip off of most of our work trucks and they seem to run fine, but I'll give it a try and if it starts running hot I can always put it back on. I always say that I'm going to keep a vehicle until it falls apart but truth is, I don't. So in all likeliness, I'll probably tint the front windows, try to find a red tailgate handle, a set of "in the track" window visors, and a low profile toolbox. I'll drive it for 3 or 4 years and get rid of it. That's if I can make it that long once I see the 2014's up close.

I do as well, it's too bad it never seems to last very long.
  17. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

agree with you on that painted front end----sure looks great, especially in red !!!!!!
    Brian from Canada
  18. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 New Member

That is a beautiful truck!! I was so glad when Chevy went back to the straight horizontal hoodline...I really do not like the "scowl" of the '03 and later models, which is why I bought an '01 last time I was looking. This truck of yours might get me back to thinking about a new Chevy....really, really nice.

jim
  19. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

The air damn on the front is for fuel economy. We did a test on my buddies '13 silverado and there wasn't a difference in fuel economy so I'd say take it off. I take them off every truck I've had. And the z71 appearance package is awesome, ill be buying a duramax within the year and it'll deffently have the z71 package. Beautiful truck love the red
  20. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Congratulations on the new truck.