1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Here she is...New Silvy

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nice looking truck!!
  2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

grats on the new ride!

Alex
  4. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I got the TonnoPro HF-155, it is a tri-fold cover so you can still haul tall object in your bed when need be. The HF-155 is a vinyl covered hard tonneau cover.

I would not get rid of the front air dam, it is there for a reason. The front air dam is used to direct air for cooling. If it was un-necessary, GM would have not put it on the truck.

Leveling kits IMO are almost un-noticeable and not worth the price.

I like the looks of the golden Bowtie, so it is up to you if you want to change it.

I have a chrome tailgate handle, got it on ebay for ~$25. A red one might be on there.

Here is a complete set in chrome:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-12-Chevy...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e73ce585a&vxp=mtr

You don't have to use the mirror covers.
  5. Skippy

Skippy Member

Very nice! Congrats. Love that "new" smell. :)
  6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone New Member

The air dams seem to rip off of most of our work trucks and they seem to run fine, but I'll give it a try and if it starts running hot I can always put it back on. I always say that I'm going to keep a vehicle until it falls apart but truth is, I don't. So in all likeliness, I'll probably tint the front windows, try to find a red tailgate handle, a set of "in the track" window visors, and a low profile toolbox. I'll drive it for 3 or 4 years and get rid of it. That's if I can make it that long once I see the 2014's up close.

I do as well, it's too bad it never seems to last very long.
  7. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

agree with you on that painted front end----sure looks great, especially in red !!!!!!
    Brian from Canada
  8. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member

That is a beautiful truck!! I was so glad when Chevy went back to the straight horizontal hoodline...I really do not like the "scowl" of the '03 and later models, which is why I bought an '01 last time I was looking. This truck of yours might get me back to thinking about a new Chevy....really, really nice.

jim
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

The air damn on the front is for fuel economy. We did a test on my buddies '13 silverado and there wasn't a difference in fuel economy so I'd say take it off. I take them off every truck I've had. And the z71 appearance package is awesome, ill be buying a duramax within the year and it'll deffently have the z71 package. Beautiful truck love the red
  10. Trucking

Trucking New Member

Congratulations on the new truck.