Here she is...New Silvy

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nickgiacalone, Mar 27, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

If the fron air dam made zero difference, GM would not put it on. It's there for a reason.

2. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks everyone. Hopefully it's nice out this weekend so I can get it all cleaned up and get some pics up!

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

If you do not find a color matched tailgate handle bezel you can always paint it yourself. Sand, prime, paint, clear and of course wet sanding in all of that. Or if you are not comfortable painting yourself just find a local painter. The air dam does effect air flow so it will removing it can change your mileage slightly but nothing too noticeable. The way you drive is the main factor in improving fuel mileage. But looking forward to the pics :great:

4. chihawks35

chihawks35 Member 1 Year

z71 was a great choice shes a beaut

5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Made zero difference when the variables weren't controlled. If you put the truck in a wind tunnel it could show you what the air dam does for aerodynamics. I'm not sure how it could push air up for cooling.

6. nickgiacalone

nickgiacalone Rockstar 100 Posts

I think the air dam probably increases fuel economy slightly, in a corporate wide standpoint, it probably helps GM meet fleet wide fuel standards, but in a one truck scenario it is most likely going to be such a small change that it's almost undetectable.

7. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime Member

I love the red, something about a red Chevy truck spells AMERICA! I've had two trucks with painted front ends, you'll love them and you'll hate them. Love them when they are clean and waxed, they really look great. Hate them when you go on a road trip and they get stone chipped. Leveling kit from ready lift really do make them look nice when side by side with an unleveled truck. The air dam doesn't push air it creates low pressure behind the front clip causing the fan and that slit in the bumper to draw in more air, more efficiently.
    Electric fan, not mechanical so efficiency was improved when they added the slit in the bumper and the extended air dam. Really do like the Z71 gage package, I have a Sierra Z71 in black but almost got an Offroad edition in red with the Z71 appearance kit. I didn't like the black leather, summer heat suck in those seats. I still think about getting my next crew cab in red, just seams like I see to many in black these days. Nice truck and congrats!

8. 11redz71

11redz71 New Member

Beautiful Truck! But I am slightly partial to red trucks....I have your truck's 2011 Twin!

9. 90fxstc

90fxstc New Member

I am jealous and now want a new one hahaha! Very nice looking truck. Ford and Dodge just cant make them look that nice....