1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Heritage lines? and the design of modern GM vehicles....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Feb 25, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What an interesting discussion this is for me to follow. I still like the lines of the 50's truck pictured compared to todays trucks. For the sake of stimulating the discussion further (or for the sake of argument, as you prefer) I think the lines of my 07 Classic makes it one of the best looking trucks around. I wish they would bring back that body style.
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

07's were nice, I think I am going to get quotes on getting panels made just to see what it is going to run once I decide on a replacement truck. Then depending on how nice I want the paint, that will make up the difference.
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If you've got the money for it, someone, somewhere will do the work!
  4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

In my opinion the best looking trucks are the late 40's to early 50's style. Which is the look GM was going for with the SSR. The problem with the SSR was it was a "performance truck". Not a traditional pick up. As someone pointed out the trend for trucks is a brick. And that is what is selling. With all the reorganizing that GM did I think there is one more move that should be made. I know it won't happen but should. Have the Chevy name get out of trucks and let GMC be the truck side. That way the focus could be stronger on building a truck that has nice styling both on the inside and out. I feel the interior of my 11 is less than spactacular. Yes it is a truck, but it looks like a 12 year old came up with it. [MENTION=52280]nakranij[/MENTION] it is only metal. It can be formed into what ever your wallet wants it shaped into.
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The flaw in that is GM would lose tons of business. Chevy is now the primary truck seller for GM this is because chevy is a full line manufacture like Toyota Nissan or Ford. If Chevy stopped selling trucks they would no longer compete with their competition. Silverado out sells Seirra by almost 3 fold. Since the 50's Chevy has been known for great looking tough trucks. Also chevy started selling trucks before GMC was formed.
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just found this, this guy did a nice job....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVwgp5vuJyk

But I am not looking for a complete throw back to this design but a hybrid between this and a 2014 silverado.

the SSR design would be too much and would not work. Time to get in touch with my artist friends and see if I can get some scale mockup's made......