1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hesitation at high speed

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by pacheco, Apr 11, 2009.

1. pacheco

pacheco New Member

my 07 burban has a hesitation problem it does it at 90 mph through 100 mph the dealer is no help.they can't road test at that speed.any ideas?no engine light or codes.runs good other wise:neutral:
  2. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

Seems a little strange to only have that hesitation at those speeds. But could be a lot of things. Plugs, wires, bad gas, etc. How many miles do you have on it? Is it tuned? Any mods? When was the last time you did scheduled maintenance? Do you have access to a handheld scanner? Then you could see what's happening at that speeds, misfires on which cylinder for example.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Speed limiter.....?
  4. drumrob

drumrob New Member

I agree I had an silverado with a programmer and around 90mph it would shake a little and sometimes the check engine would turn on. Then again I had 20' rims and 35" tires with 9" lift
  5. omegafiler

omegafiler New Member

They shouldn't have a hesitation though. They either won't accelerate or just cut fuel once they hit the limiter, which is also normally about 98 or so.

Assuming everything is OK, truck is stock, etc... maybe also see if there is a PCM update for your truck? Wouldn't be unusual for an early '07 to have a few bugs in the puter.
  6. pacheco

pacheco New Member

only has 22000 miles no mods.tried gastreatment and octane boost.also tried premium fuel.no difference.i don't drive at that speed to often only when out of state.(no points):happy:
  7. pacheco

pacheco New Member

have appointment on tuesday i'll see if they an reset PCM shouldn't hurt.
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good ol' speed limiter. Mine is set at 200MPH on my Silverado LOL
  9. FireRed

FireRed New Member

I believe most if not all states have reciprocity when it comes to points/tickets what ever relating to your drivers license, that has been around for a long time. Back in 1963 I was visiting family in Virginia, I decided to see about getting a VA license thought it may come in handy. I passed the test but was some surprised to see the same driver ID# on the new VA license that was on my New York license, back then I found out that 20 some odd states were linked I bet it is way higher now if not all.

Phil
  10. pacheco

pacheco New Member

took truck to dealer.i asked to receck again.they claim everythin is to spec.guess i'll have to take it to a real mechanic.