1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hesitation at throttle tip-in

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by PabstMaster, Jan 23, 2010.

1. PabstMaster

PabstMaster New Member

My 93 K-1500 350 w/ 230,000 miles idles smooth but requires a lot of gas pedal to to start increasig revs, then comes on sharply. The engine has a mild lope that's more noticeable at low revs. It's particularly annoying while stuck in slow traffic or in parking lots, or other stop/start situations. Sometimes engine will stall after starting, but will start right back up.

Does anyone know anything about this, or has anyone had this issue? Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you removed the throttle body and cleaned the top and bottom. Also remove the IAC from the throttle body and clean it, the pintle gets carboned up and cant move in and out. Make sure you use throttle body cleaner and not carb cleaner.

3. okysmokey911

okysmokey911 Rockstar 100 Posts

Cleaning the throttle body is a good idea, but it also sounds like you might have a timing problem.

4. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

I had the same problem with mine it would surge power when trying to speed up and sometimes would die right after starting i changed my distributor cap and rotor , tps switch, and coolant temperature sensor, and it ran perfect after that and i have the same truck as you.

5. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like the fix, I would also clean up you throttle body though. I have cleaned mine twice now at around 30,000 miles each time. It makes a pretty noticeable difference on my truck.

6. x1LSUTigerfan

x1LSUTigerfan Member

Yea we changed my intake gasket at 200k and we cleaned all that up throttle body and junk