Hesitation since new.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by hd2500407, Mar 29, 2009.

Newest Photos

1. hd2500407

hd2500407 New Member

I have an 08 Silverado 6.0lt Max Crew Cab and since it was purchased it has a hesitation. Contact dealer they hooked it up and advised there are reports of this but no fix. Also have talked to other 6.0lt. Max owners and they have had the same problems. Chevy said it has something to do with the fuel managment system that cuts your engine back to 4cyl when needed.

Anyone with any information please respond.

Brian
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Try calling GM. Tell them to fix it or upgrade the truck. It's worth a shot.
  3. hd2500407

hd2500407 New Member

Already did thru my GM dealer and they said there is no fix at this time. Westers Garage said they would fix it with their computer upgrade. $600 though just not at this time, still need to finish upgrades before I order so the computer will be done for all my upgrades.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They are buying time I think, they have to wait until they get more of these issues reported. That is still new technology for them to work on, the sad part is GM is only as good as their mechanics when it is all said and done. If they can't fix it, "Make them replace it with a non fuel management version". That is the reason I wouldn't buy the NBS Silverado in the first place, I didn't feel comfortable with buying something I knew they couldn't work on. 1-800-LemonLaw.com!!! Buy it back!