Hesitation/Stumble

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by redright9, Feb 11, 2010.

1. redright9

redright9 New Member

Hello to all, I am new to the site.. I have a question about my truck. It is a 2000 Silverado Z71 with the 5.3l engine. When I drive a short distance (about a mile or so, to the corner store) park, get my morning drink, then restart my truck and drive away, it has a stall or hesitation. It has a lack of power and does not want to go. After a short time it will suddenly get its power back and drive fine. When warm, it doesnt do this.. Any ideas?

2. redright9

redright9 New Member

I am thinking of replacing the mass air flow sensor... I have heard they have some issues from time to time, especially with a cold air intake (k&n)... No check engine light on, but am starting to want to throw parts at it.

3. drave14

drave14 New Member

sounds like a problem i had a while ago, mine turned out to be the fuel pressure regulater.

4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Before I started throwing parts at it, I'd at least try some basic diagnostics. A fuel pressure test would help identify any problems in fuel delivery. I'd probably pull codes even though the CEL isn't on -- there may be pending codes to suggest where to look.