Hey Everybody!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bigbasschevy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016: Welcome to the club and enjoy the site........

2. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

thank you for the great welcome! not many forums are this friendly to new people. it's nice to come across one that is! as far as security, i dont have a big ol' dog, but i could easily get a semi auto sawed off 12ga with no plug....nah...lol

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

i love it here. nice and quiet, with just a little bit of city mixed in. the lake is 2 miles away, golf courses, etc. been here 6 years and not thinking of leaving!

3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Good to have you join us. That thing's getting some miles. Have you had to replace/rebuild anything yet? I look forward to hearing more about your mods.

4. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

i haven't had to replace anything besides the stock alternator (big knock on wood) yet. i baby it while driving, no racing, off roading, etc. only damage it has had were 2 collisions with deer that decided to french kiss the front of the truck and wheel well at 60mph. this reminds me...it is about time for another tune up. thanks!! (and that is a sexy beast you got there)

5. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Thank you very much. I love my truck. She'll be a work in progress for a while still. Hopefully it'll make it well passed the mileage you have since I hope to hand it down to the kids in 10 years.

And I've seen firsthand what a deer can do to even a full size truck. Twice is crazy, but I've come close myself on a couple of occasions.

6. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

those deer have are mentally challenged and/or suicidally depressed. it's ridiculous how they just jump in front of vehicles! are they as bad up there as they are down here? some of my friends put 300 pound solid steel grill guards on their trucks and if they saw one on the side of the road they would gas it just to take the deer out! i hate those critters, but a grill guard that big....just not haha

7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

For the last year I lived out in a fairly rural area about 15 minutes outside the city. There were at least 3 instances where I have no idea how I missed the deer. It was at least weekly I'd see them near the road and about monthly when I'd have to slow down to make sure they weren't going to jump in front of me. I was driving into town to pick up some dinner one night and came across a guy in a civic who'd just nailed a buck. The buck was nowhere to be seen. His civic wasn't going anywhere. It also didn't help that most of the roads around there don't have street lights. You just have to hope they're not hiding around a corner.

We moved back into the city though so it's not a big issue there. I do miss the quiet of the old place though.

8. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

gotta love the country! even with the crazed deer and dive bombing buzzards.

edit: do you have the stealthbox installed? are you going for SQ or rattle the eyeballs bass? just curious :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  9. Jeremy09LTZCrew

No, that's my long list of things I'm hoping to get done over the next year or so. And I'm going for sound quality first. I want the bass to be able to hit hard, but I'm not going to be trying to blow the windows out. I also want components that keep up with the bass. Basically, I don't want there to be any weakpoints in the overall system.

10. bigbasschevy

bigbasschevy New Member

very nice! i have heard good things about that setup. are you going to do the big 3 upgrade also? 1200 watts is quite a power draw