Hey everyone!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Cow_tipper 01, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

well hello there, my names Tim and im a recent purchaser of a 2001 silverado lt 4x4 with 70,000 on the ticker. Im in the milwaukee, wi area, how many people on here are from this area? Im new to the 5.3 motors and the truck scene, so bare with me for a few months until i get acclamated lol. The truck needs some tlc and a nice overhaul in the looks department. Im not really a fan of the side exit exhaust, so that will be changing to straight out the back, as well as the tails. Now, will the 04+ tails fit perfectly into my 01 or is there fabrication needed?

I see from lurking that people have the newer model tahoe/silverado wheels on the 00-03 models(how hard are these to find used and what should i expect to pay for them), im contemplating doing that as well. i definately have some good ideas for this truck! :great:

anyways here are some pics of the new truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what i sold in order to pick up this truck:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club. had a guy in a supercharged monte like your try to race me in my cobra. Kinda scared him when he heard my supercharger start screaming at him. I've always wanted to see wanna those that could really run

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Great group of people here and always willing to help. We're suckers for pics of anything with a GMC or Chevy emblem.

I have a 99 GMC Z71 with 05 Chevy tail lights and had to do a little trimming with my pocket knife where the bulbs goes into the housing but on a Chevy, I'm not sure if you'd have to do the same. As for the wheels it depends on what style you want to go with, chrome or aluminum. My uncle bought the 20 inch chrome for 1200$ with tires for his 05 crew cab and another uncle got his 18 inch aluminum wheels for 800$ with tires for his 02 extended cab.

4. rileyjr16

Oh if you don't like your tailgate and hood, I'll gladly take those off your hands :lol:

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC Tim, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses:

6. Cow_tipper 01

Cow_tipper 01 New Member

haha we have plenty of these wbodies(grand prix, regal, impala, monte carlos) that can walk all over cobras, vettes, gtos, etc. if you wanna see something give you a challenge, take a ride over to wisconsin lol.

these are the wheels that I am interested in, im not a big fan of an all chrome wheel.

[​IMG]

7. rileyjr16

This is my uncles truck with those wheels just to give you an idea of what it'll look like but this is a 2wd and not leveled yet.

dewtruck.jpg

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!! Nice looking truck!

9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Dang I've never seen monte Carlos with 700 horses. And I have enough completion down here. And I'd like to see one of these cars come down to road Atlanta or even commerce and walk all over me or my dads zr1. You show me that and I will sell my track car and replace it with a monte Carlo, I think the v6 might save me money when it blows up lol

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great: