1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey from Vancouver Canada!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Demick, May 3, 2009.

1. Demick

Demick New Member

Hey there! Nice to see a vast community of truck enthusiasts. Not much where i am.

Well i'm from Vancouver BC Canada. I own a 2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 ext cab. with every option available in 2000. Some little upgrades i've done are, Edelbrock headers and my own 3" Exhaust, also a 3" intake. Throttle body spacer, Slapped on a 3" body lift and squeezed on some 33" tires. Also got a Hypertech programer. Theres more but dont want to blabber on hhaha

[​IMG]

Recently my oil pump quit on me and i now have 2 dead cylinders :( . There is 280,000km's on the motor so its deffinetly time for a rebuild. I was wondering where was some good places to grab parts online or even a complete rebuild kit if possible.

Now if i were able to get a motor out of another truck what years are compattable with my truck? just 99-02? or could i even go higher? Hell could i even just toss a real LS1 or something else in?

Thanks in adavance.

Matt Demick
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

First off, welcome to the site!! Second, you have alot of options for the motor, you must first be realistic what your budget is. You can add an LS1 and get a cutom tune so that your computer will properly control the engine, you can get a repacement used, a new crate motor, or just build it back to stock, or build a nasty torque monster for it, $$$$ is your biggest issue.
  3. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome to the site all the way from fort st. john
  4. Demick

Demick New Member

Well i'm in no need of a create motor. The truck is for work, camping and towing the race car to and from the track. I was offered a 6.0L motor today for a good deal. what do you think i would ahve to change to make it work? it should just bolt in but what about wiring, computer and so on. thanx

Budget for the motor with parts and machining is around $3000. Give or take a few bucks. I will be keeping this truck for many years to come. Its perfect for my needs and i even have a truck tent for the back haha
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sweet looking truck Matt, and it's nice to see someone who is willing to do a heart transplant on their truck versus getting rid of it. Welcome to the club, AND I think you are the only other person on this site besides me that has a Truck Tent! I still have mine by the way, but I traded the truck in the picture for my new baby!
    Now if you tell me that yours is also camoflauge I will laugh, but I didn't care for the blue one so I went with the Mossy Oak look!

[​IMG]
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Demick, another fine truck probably built in Oshawa :great:

BTW Go Canucks Go!
  7. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. plumber_rob

plumber_rob Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.
  9. bry2500