1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey GM Wake UP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, Feb 19, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Huh? What's that got to do with you justifying a Dmax with fuel econ that you plan to sabotage by taking it to 600+ HP???
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey guys I think I am going to build a Solar Powered Truck that gets 100 MPS (Miles per sunlite) and will blow away Any Ricer...:party:

Ok all kidding aside... IMG_1113.jpg My friend who owned this Had a Duramizer and propane injection kit on it.
    He could still get 22-25 MPG with those rims and Fish tail the truck with a little turn of a Knob..
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

LOL Nice :rofl: Now explain to me how that dmax gets 22-25 with an extra 1000lbs in rims :)
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Don't know but he did And we checked all the time..
  5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I'm guessing the way he tuned the truck, geared it, use of the propane injection, as well as the Allison 1000 transmission which is amazing. Remember extra power makes moving alot of weight easier. Say I were to put a Dmax in the Tahoe. Because the Dmax is built for 8,000-13,000lb trucks it will move my 5,400lb truck like it weights nothing which saves gas because the engine doesn't work hard or it doesn't have to work as hard as long. Its all basic physics.

Btw that extra 1,000lb in rims helps increase the centripetal(Did I use the right word I know what one I want) force of the wheels while going down the highway. Therefore the truck's engine doesn't have to work very hard.
  6. PantheraUncia

Enkei, is there anyway you can get a list of the upgrades and links to the upgrades he did to bring his MPG's back up with the extra HP, extra weight he is lugging around :) (PM me the info), I need to put a list together for the truck that is replacing my current truck so I have a starting point.

I assume a 2500 being a little lighter with the upgrades he did might keep me on the high end of 22-25mpg/s (which is 7-10 mpg's higher than the truck I am in now).
  7. 1BadSierra2011

1BadSierra2011 Member 1 Year

Well, my old 02 lb7 duramax had around 500hp, and got 28-29mpg hwy. 24 at 75mph.
  8. PantheraUncia

I find that hard to believe, but if it's true, could you pm me what you changed to get that? I am looking at an 09-11 dmax and need a list so I can start the ground running to upgrade the HP and the Fuel econ.

Even if I end up paying a shop to do the upgrades cause I am not going to have the bandwidth in my schedule to get them done myself.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

I will check with him He got rid of it back in 08 and he's in Pa this weekend.. But I will try