Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hey guys, newbie here asking for a little help

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Bamm, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Bamm

Bamm New Member

I purchased a 2000 silverado 4wd extended cab truck that had a flat utility body on the back. I was told and assumed it was a shortbed truck. The measurement from wheel center to wheel center is 158" (or so), is this a shortbed or longbed? Thanks, ....Jerry

2. azdrtdog

azdrtdog Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

I dont know off hand but a quick search of gm wheelbase should have that in a sec.

3. Bamm

Bamm New Member

Looks like it is a long bed (not that there is anything wrong with that), but I had a short bed lined up to purchase for it. Crap!

4. Bamm

Bamm New Member

Just curious, anybody ever shortened a longbed frame to fit a shortbed? I know it can be done on later model trucks 67-72 etc... Any help?

5. azdrtdog

How much diff. in wheel base

6. Bamm

Bamm New Member

Short bed is 143" and long bed is 157.5". I got a really good deal on this truck but was really expecting/wanting a shortbed. Now I own it and it runs great and all but isn't quite what I wanted. I was supposed to meet a guy this morning to buy a very nice shortbed bed for it, thats off for now, just trying to figure out what my options are at this point.

7. azdrtdog

Lot of work to move the axle and then the drivshaft will have to be cut down. I would just get the long bed for it unless you plan on making it a wheeling rig