Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey Hoping you guys could help.

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pga5587, Oct 31, 2009.

1. pga5587

pga5587 New Member

Hey I'm new to the site. I have 3 chevy trucks that I drive and I'm having problems with one of them. I saw the site and was hoping to see if anyone could help. The one that I am having problems with is an 03' silverado 1500 4.3 V6. It was being used as a service truck and being ran over 100 miles everyday. Then I got another chevy truck and stopped running the 4.3 everyday. I would let it sit for 2 days and come back to it and it wouldn't start. But, after trying a while it would start. Now I can't get it to start at all. I am getting great fuel pressure from the tank all the way to the injectors. I just recently had the distributor cap replaced because of corrosion, also hoping to find the issue with why the truck won't start anymore. And now am getting great spark from everything. Everytime I try to fire the truck up it does want to fire like one or two of the chambers is firing. So I know she wants to start. After I have tried to start it and i get that little sputter in the end i took off the intake hose off my intake manifold to find I was getting smoke. I am all outta ideas and like I said I hope someone can help. Thanks for taking the time to read my post and please respond if you have any ideas.
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:You say you are getting enough fuel to the injectors. Have you tried starting fluid?
  3. pga5587

pga5587 New Member

Yup, starting fluid helps to prolong the sputtering but won't keep the truck running.
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: Good luck, I'm sure someone will be able to help you.
  5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
  6. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have you measured the fuel pressure?
    I believe the spec is 55 - 62psi. Anything below that will cause rough running stalling and no start conditions.
    Are their any DTC codes?
  7. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Welcome to the site.
  10. pga5587

pga5587 New Member

Thanks for the welcomes and as for the the post about the psi...haven't meassured the pressure. I did the old test of taking off a connection of the fuel line and got great pressure coming out when the fuel pump switched on. As for dtc codes...there are none.