Hey...new (but old) Suburban owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Postman, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Postman

Postman New Member

Just doing an intro....bought a 1999 Suburban K2500 5.7 a few weeks ago as a tow/camp/fish vehicle. Couldn't resist with the low miles (57K). Plan on doing some mods to it over the next few months and this seemed like a great place to start asking questions. It's my first Chevy truck but not my first Chevy (I have a 95 Impala SS too ).
    Sub_pats_house-1040.jpg

2. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome!

-J

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site.....Wow....That's One Clean looking Suburban....Where a bout's are you in North/Calif??

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome and congrats on you new ride!!

5. rip5164

rip5164 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. That's a kick butt vehicle!!

6. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats on your new vehicle...3/4 ton suburbans rock!! Welcome to the forum!

7. Postman

Postman New Member

Sacramento

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Thanks everyone! Very friendly forum here. It's not quite as clean is it looks in the pic though. Respray and not a real good one. Looks great in the right light or 30 feet away, but up close it's a little rough. It's also a base model (non LS/LT) so it has the work truck grill, vinyl seats (and 9 Pass), rubber floors etc. But with the low miles I couldn't resist! I've been looking for one for months in 3/4 ton and the 5.7. with under 100K and couldn't find one! It's a camping/house project/towing vehicle so I can live with the spartan interior (but the interior is like brand new...literally perfect. It does have dual A/C though, 4:10's, Posi, skid plates etc. Pretty much perfect for me and I love it so far! Just a few little PIA things like the tail gate won't drop, and I think the EGR is going (rough idle with the AC on) and the power locks don't work.

8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here! Nice looking ride!

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club.

10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard, and sometimes the work models were the most fun and easiest to use!