1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey...new (but old) Suburban owner

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Postman, Sep 24, 2010.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Postman

Postman New Member

Just doing an intro....bought a 1999 Suburban K2500 5.7 a few weeks ago as a tow/camp/fish vehicle. Couldn't resist with the low miles (57K). Plan on doing some mods to it over the next few months and this seemed like a great place to start asking questions. It's my first Chevy truck but not my first Chevy (I have a 95 Impala SS too ).
    Sub_pats_house-1040.jpg
  2. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member 100 Posts

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:sign0016:To the Site.....Wow....That's One Clean looking Suburban....Where a bout's are you in North/Calif??
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome and congrats on you new ride!!
  5. rip5164

rip5164 New Member 100 Posts

Welcome to the club. That's a kick butt vehicle!!
  6. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

Congrats on your new vehicle...3/4 ton suburbans rock!! Welcome to the forum!
  7. Postman

Postman New Member

Sacramento

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Thanks everyone! Very friendly forum here. It's not quite as clean is it looks in the pic though. Respray and not a real good one. Looks great in the right light or 30 feet away, but up close it's a little rough. It's also a base model (non LS/LT) so it has the work truck grill, vinyl seats (and 9 Pass), rubber floors etc. But with the low miles I couldn't resist! I've been looking for one for months in 3/4 ton and the 5.7. with under 100K and couldn't find one! It's a camping/house project/towing vehicle so I can live with the spartan interior (but the interior is like brand new...literally perfect. It does have dual A/C though, 4:10's, Posi, skid plates etc. Pretty much perfect for me and I love it so far! Just a few little PIA things like the tail gate won't drop, and I think the EGR is going (rough idle with the AC on) and the power locks don't work.
  8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site! Glad to have you here! Nice looking ride!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  10. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome aboard, and sometimes the work models were the most fun and easiest to use!