1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hey there all

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by tripmucoy, Aug 22, 2011.

1. tripmucoy

tripmucoy New Member

He all. New to the sight. Need some addvice. I lifted my Tahoe way up now I feel under powered and im losing font berings cant seem to keep the front end together on it. I dont really off road very hard. I am just tired of being scared of doing another 180 on the highway wile cruzing along at about 65. So what can be done? I was thinking bigger motor swap and I'm not sure what to do about the front end.
  2. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

When you lifted it did you make sure that all the drive and cv axle shafts are set right? Such as on the driveshaft, are the yokes set right so that when it spins its not vibrating alot? You could be chewing up bearings fast because if there individual bearings, and there not being set in right or packed right with grease is can cause problems. Is the bearing outter race good and not pressed in wrong so its not warped. If its a hub assembly make sure that its not a cheap one. Try a Timken one if your not already.
  3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!! You may get more responses if you re-post your question on the Tech Q&A or Suspension part of this forum...you posted in the member introductions area. When you do post, it would be helpful to include additional information such as: type and height of lift, if you changed tire size vehicle year and other details, etc. For you loss of power concern, if you did increase tire diameter, then yes, your vehicle will be more sluggish. Re-gearing the rear end would help fix that.
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. When you say you lifted your Tahoe, what lift kit, how high, did you crank the torson bars, what size tire are you running and what year Tahoe??
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. You'll have better luck breaking apart your questions and posting them in their respective forums on here.
  6. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club!!!!!
  7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!!