1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HHR interior problem

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by tbplus10, Jul 19, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

On my wifes 08 HHR the color coordinated trim strip about midway up the door (strip runs horizontal across the door) has surface scratches on it and the color is coming off. The piece is molded plastic and was painted.
    Any one else have this problem with painted plastic trim pieces?
    If so how did you solve it?

Her interior is tan and the color underneath is flat grey so cleaning all the paint off isnt an option as it wouldnt look good, and the paint didnt work well the first time so I'm not excited about repainting it.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

hey, how did you solve a problem.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Learned not to look at it.
    I talked to the dealership and their reccomendation was to replace the piece with a new one that comes unpainted and cost's $38 per side before paint.
    I"ve been contemplating finding matching color leather and covering them with that, but thats for a day when I feel energetic and have no other pressing projects.