1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HHR issues

Discussion in 'Chevy HHR Forum' started by tbplus10, Oct 17, 2012.

1. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Unfortunately I have to report that my wifes 08 HHR has suffered another issue.
    The first problem she had was earlier this year at about 45xxx miles the ignition key wouldnt work because the ignition tumblers fell and jammed the ignition, GM covered the problem under a special warranty.
    This time the Cam sensor Servo motor died, luckily the car was still driveable and all repairs were covered by GM again.
    The only indicator of the problem was a check engine light, and fortunately my wife watches the gauges and lights closely.
    At this time the car only has 48xxx miles and the warranty is expiring next year so if we have to many more problems the car might end up getting sold, we'll see what happens.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We have 4 of them for Co cars and each has had some problems we are getting rid of them soon.. The Ing Mod has gone on 3 of them Key getting stuck in 2 of them Wheel bearing in 2 of them and a few other things...
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

For the most part it's been a good car with only those two issues that have been fixed under warranty, I've had vehicles with a lot more issues in the past so I'm not extremely upset but as I get older my patience isnt what it used to be and I expect trouble free service.
  4. 87silver

87silver New Member

Seems like with these cars, you either get a great one or a lemon. There seems to be no middle of the road. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, otherwise it wouldn't still be in my pole barn after 3 years.
  5. Silverstrong99

Silverstrong99 New Member

My mom is having a problem with her a/c heater only blowing on high
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Blower resistor is bad if it's only blowing on high, $15.00 part from rockauto. It is a small circuit board that plugs in under the dash, very easy to replace.