Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hi all from Washington State

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by 86G20, Jan 17, 2012.

1. 86G20

86G20 New Member

Greetings from the great northwest. I'm obviously new to this forum, but have owned Chevy vans for quite a while. My first van from GM is a 1996 Express heavy half. It was purchased as a wheelchair transport/tow vehicle back when my wife was still able to enjoy traveling around. When traveling by pull-behind trailer was not so feasible I purchased a Winnebago on a 1-ton Chevy chassis and 6.2L diesel. It had a wheelchair lift already installed and fairly low miles for an '82. Unfortunately it sits unused since my last trip of any length; had a heart attack in North Dakota and never made it to our destination.
    I am a Civil Engineer by profession and have been caught up in layoffs at the local government level. A year since having a steady job and in the meantime I have revived a '85 G20 van with a C-code 6.2L diesel. I am still slowly working on some of the cosmetics on this window van. It sat unused for about 3 years, and I mostly use it now for a daily driver. Around town it gets 15 mpg which is half again better than the '96 Express. Out on the road it has returned about 20 mpg. I hope to keep it going a good long time as it has only 115k on this drive train. I hear these diesels are good for 300K.
    I'll post a couple of pictures if there is a gallery section.
    Ciao!

2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful and sometimes wacky site of GMTC!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry to learn of your layoff, heatlh troubles, and the now-unused '82 Winnebago. However, welcome to the site! Hpoefully you find it informative and fun!

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC!