1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi All - New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Senator, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Senator

Senator New Member

Hi folks!

I am about to undertake an overhaul of my Chevy Suburban. Has been part of my family for 18 years and needs lots of TLC to bring it back to good condition.

I want to take the old worn 350 out and drop in a 383 stroker, reupholster the seats, paint and new tires and wheels. The tranny is in good shape and the body has very little rust, but the engine is sad. It started life really hot but after the crankshaft broke I got a new Chevy crate engine at 52k miles and they kept my heads.

Sooo it will go back together with Holly ProJector fuel inection, Edelbrock heads and intake and a 383 stroker.

I need advice on a cam to go with the setup and advice on wheels for the beast...any ideas out there?

Thanks in advance...
  2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

sounds like you have a good project going there and welcome to the club
  3. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !
  4. Johnny_Buchanan

Johnny_Buchanan New Member 100 Posts

Nice project! Welcome!

-J