1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi - considering a suburban

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by harryn, Oct 5, 2010.

1. harryn

harryn New Member

Hi, I have been looking to move to a larger vehicle than my dodge minivan. It would be nice to find one with AWD or 4wd so I have more options when going up to Lake Tahoe for ski weekends.

My Dad had a 74 Suburban for years, and I guess it is time for me to consider one, or a full size van.

I am just registering here to learn and see what is possible for seating arrangments, especially in the second row area. Captains chairs or similar swivel setups are of interest.

Thanks

Harry
  2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  3. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

The suburban is going to offer a lot of room, 3rd row seating thats easily removable. My suburban to me is used more like a truck....Get the barn doors if you can, they are nice to have at Home Depot or something, very easy to load a pallet right in the back with a forklift with the doors all the way open. But comparing it to something like a Ford Excursion, the Suburban is much wider and seats adults much easier. I don't know about the captains chairs or swivel seats, as far as I know they are all bench except for the front.
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hi and welcome!
  5. Sam_A

Sam_A Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the club!
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome...and good luck w/your search!
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Harry. Can't go wrong with a 4x4 'Burb.
  8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!
  9. bluestreak94

bluestreak94 Rockstar

Welcome to the club and great choice for a truck! Can't go wrong with the Suburban. They're available in 5/6/7/8/9 passenger seating.

5= captains seats up front with a full center console and a 2nd row bench
    6= captains seats with a center console you can raise for the extra passenger plus 2nd row bench
    7= captains seats up front with a full center console 2 captains in2nd row plus a 3rd row bench
    8= captains seats with a center console you can raise for the extra passenger plus 2nr row captains with 3rd row bench
    9= captains seats with a center console you can raise for the extra passenger plus 2nd and 3rd row bench

as for a swivel seat, I'm sure with a couple of mods you could probably pull something off!
  10. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !