1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi Folks

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by OldHobo, Aug 13, 2014.

1. OldHobo

OldHobo New Member

Just found this site and like what I see here. Recently traded in my 2003 Silverado for a new 2014 and hoping to learn about the problems and successes that people are having with them. I am 'old' and retired so have lots of time to tinker and work out problems. I hope to be able to contribute to the group as thing progress.

5.jpg
  2. kennythewelder

kennythewelder Active Member 500 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site, looks like you've already enhanced the bowtie, what else do you plan to do?
  4. OldHobo

OldHobo New Member

Actually, both the grill inserts and the bowtie. Grill was originally all chrome, so pulled it out, took it apart and painted the inserts. The bowtie color is the same tone as the body but a few shades lighter. Also masked off around the edge of it to retain the gold perimeter. Rear bowtie is next.

1.jpg

2.jpg
    4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Will also likely remove the air dam before winter on the front. Living out in the country I suspect it will become a 'snowplow' when the snow starts.
  5. Semioo

Semioo New Member

Welcome.
    Wow Amazing Truck :great:
  6. 1ATony

1ATony Rockstar GMTC Sponsor 100 Posts

Nice job on the grill:great::great:
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Welcome to the club! Nice truck; I like the color. :) The blacked out grille looks great.