1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

hi from ct 91 chevy 4x4 dont work

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by elkybeepa185, Feb 25, 2009.

1. elkybeepa185

elkybeepa185 New Member

hey guys im looking for your help here i have a 91 chevy 1500 and the four wheel drive dont work on it i have gone under there and made sure everything is pluged in and it is i need some help please thanks jeremy
  2. elkybeepa185

elkybeepa185 New Member

91 chevy 1500 4x4 dont work

hey guys im looking for your help here i have a 91 chevy 1500 and the four wheel drive dont work on it i have gone under there and made sure everything is pluged in and it is i need some help please thanks jeremy
  3. elkybeepa185

elkybeepa185 New Member

drive shaft

will a 91 chevy 1500 driveshaft fit a 95 silverado both 4x4
  4. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I would suggest asking your question in the drivetrain forum, you'll get more replies there.
  5. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!! :happy:
  7. MOJ06

MOJ06 New Member

welcome. I hope you can find out why your 4wd doens't work. Kinda sounds more electrical than mechanical.
  8. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

For 4wd to work, two things need to happen: the transfer case needs to lock in and the CAD on the front diff needs to lock in. My first suggestion with a generic "4wd doesn't work" question is to determine which part of the equation isn't working.

The thermoelectric CAD on these does seem to be problematic. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the problem.

threads merged and placed in powertrain forum.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009