Hi from Drellingore, UK

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by PRED888OR, Jan 11, 2011.

1. PRED888OR

PRED888OR New Member

Hi all,

Just making my official introduction here. I have posted already as I have a problem with my '96 Silverado. I have had it for 3 to 4 months and love driving it. I did have a Corvette C4 before that but thats not a car you can drive all days in every weather if you really want to 'drive it' that is. Any way, as my wife has a classic 1959 tractor she is restoring and planning to take to shows next year, I can tow it with my truck and possibly show that as well, happy days:happy:

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has as there wheels and sharing and learning more about the trucks we have.

Steve

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. How much is petrol in jolly ol England?

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. PRED888OR

PRED888OR New Member

Hi,

Fuel over here isnt the best price when you have a V8 to feed, I drive a much smaller car for work so it all balances out seemingly.

Thanks for the welcome!

Steve

7. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard, Steve. It's great to have you here. What's fuel running per liter/gallon in the UK right now?

8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome Steve, from a transplanted Brit, I was born around Leeds (Dewsbury to be precise) and moved here (Pennsylvania) in 1980.
    And for the rest of you, the last time I talked to my Dad (couple of weeks ago) after you do all the conversions (litres to U.S. gallons, and Pounds to Dollars) it worked out to a little over $7.00 a gallon! so think about that when your pumping gas next time!!!

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

10. PRED888OR

PRED888OR New Member

Hi Adam,

Good to hear from you ole bean.

Yeah, fuel isnt cheep, been paying £1.24 to £1.29 per litre recently hope the government have enough to cover their expenses! Still, its worth paying, usually just to hear that awesome sound. Got me a custom made twin pipe side exit to let the beast roar!!!