Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Hi from Hattisburg Ms

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Lynna Loe, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Lynna Loe

Lynna Loe New Member

Hello out there, I am new to this club and I am happy to be here. I am driving a wonderful Chevy Impala that has been a great car but I kinda want to get myself a truck. I see lots of ladies here in the South driving trucks. But which should I look at GMC Sierra is one of my favorites. I see them oftn out on the road...I will have to get myself a preowned one, due to I am not a rich woman....anyway hello again.

2. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Hello and welcome! You'll love the truck, the Sierra and Silverado don't have a huge difference between them mainly just the body style.

3. Salesguy1980

Salesguy1980 Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome Aboard!

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome!

If you plan to do some aftermarket modifications then I'd steer you to a Silverado as opposed to a Sierra. There are OEM cosmetic differences as well as aftermarket part differences that pose challenges for modders, as some manufacturers presume that there's 1:1 parity between the units under the skin when, in fact, there are minor differences.

I ran into this picking up aftermarket tails for my truck; the manufacturer assumed that what would fit the Silverado would also fit the Sierra and listed as a part for both. In actuality, it didn't fit, as the Sierra tails for my year have only three bulb sockets whereas the Silverado for my year has four.

Since the Silverado is the more dominent machine in terms of units sold, it's what aftermarket manufacturers build for first and foremost, so it's a better bet unless you're an experienced modder or are willing to work through anomalies like the one I ran into.

5. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

6. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, It's good to have you with us. I am your neighbor. I live in Lucedale and my girlfriend is in Hattiesburg so I am up there all the time. :glasses:

7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !