Hi From Istanbul Turkey; an issue with 2003 Silverado 6.6 TD

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by chevycinar, Oct 26, 2008.

1. chevycinar

chevycinar New Member

Hello All,

Even though I own a 56 BelAir, we are shopping for a 2003 Silverado next week. I wanted to check out this site to see if the truck is good / lemon or bad since I have heard a lot of rumors that the ECU drops dead almost once in the trucks history. The one I am thinking to buy for our Search and Rescue Team (of a private university in Istanbul) had an ECU replacement already, and the truck is only at 60,000 miles.
    So, I find a bit bizarre to have such problem.
    If anyone has a clue please let me know before we get the truck and with all the taxes the sales price of it is around 40,000 USD compared to 18 - 20 Gs in USA; so we pay double. By the way it is an extended cab with 6.6 Duramax Turbo Diesel Engine.

Best Regards,

Cinar
    www.bahcesehir.edu.tr

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome tio the site! I have not heard of common ECU problems with the duramax trucks. You can Google that question and see what results you find. the 2003 Duramax is the LB7 if that helps.

3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site. I have not heard of any "common" problems with the Duramax either. I have an '04 with the gas engine and 109,000 miles w/o any problems, so I consider it pretty reliable. Good luck!

4. koeito

koeito New Member

try driving in reverse for the first 10 miles then let bitch have it hard