Hi from Northern NY

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Libbyfred, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Libbyfred

Libbyfred New Member

Just joined the forum today in hopes of learning more about my truck. :happy: I am a die hard Chevy person, tried other trucks & just like my Chevy's much more! I have owned everything from a 1984 Chevy 2wd truck with 3 on the tree, to a 2003 Chevy Avalanche. I am now the owner of a 1994 Chevy Silverado, 2wd extended cab with a 5.0 L engine. I do like to do the small work on it myself & when I do have to take it to a mechanic, I like to know what's wrong with it when I take it so I don't get a "snow job" from them because I am a woman!

I look forward to all the help I know I will be able to get from this forum & hopefully I will be able to pass on some help myself. :sign0144:

Libby

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome... Where in NY are you?

3. TexasEdition

TexasEdition Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Greetings Libby and welcome.

4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. Good to have more NY'ers on this board. :)

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

6. Libbyfred

Libbyfred New Member

I live in the Thousand Islands area along the St. Lawrence River.

7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Libby, welcome to the club.

" I like to know what's wrong with it when I take it so I don't get a "snow job" from them because I am a woman!
    a "snow job" from a mech?? noooooo

BTW, watch out for that Caddi...he's a real "animal" & I can see he's already starting to put the moves on you :)

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

10. Libbyfred

Libbyfred New Member

We actually don't get that much snow here along the "River". I used to live in the "snow belt" in Lewis County & I did need a 4wd there. I no longer four wheel or snowmobile so I find it much cheaper to have a 2wd. Especially the way gas prices are going!