Hi from the big desert

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MoBillyAla, Sep 18, 2008.

1. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

Just wanted to say hello, I have been over here for about 2 weeks now and this is my 1st chance to use internet. We stepped off the plane and the heat was about 115 deg compared to the 67-70 that we left in colorado...but somewhat acclimated now. there is a ton of gmc and chevy trucks over here when i get my camera unpacked i'll try to post up some pics. anyways gotta go later guys/girls

2. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

haha where r u? im getting ready to leave and thats exactly what i see everyday...is quadqab 2500's runnin around everywhere...

The IA's(Iraqi Army) use the chevy 2500's and 3500s along with our humvees when they go out on convoys !!

Heres a funny pic from a few weeks ago when we detained some guys outside of base.
    [​IMG]

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Take care and be safe!

4. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

You're there for a year right? Take care and get home safe and sound. (All Ya'll!) Just think, two weeks down ... then it will be 2 months before you know it, and then you'll blink and you'll be on that plane coming home. :great:

5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thanks for your service. stay safe!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for being there for us! Before you know it you'll "be so short you'll have to stand on a nickle to see over a dime!"!

7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome
    and i salute you

:sign0016:

8. 454Yeti

454Yeti New Member

Hello from the little desert (Tucson). I've spent some time in the big desert as well (only 9 months). Take care out there and come back safe!

9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Rockstar 100 Posts

greetings from FOB Kalsu

Thanks everyone, I'm at a palce called Kalsu, not much here just sand wind and dust...but yeh almost a month down now..This is my 2nd trip here and third to the region so just going with the flow..staying hydrated...later

10. jcshipp

jcshipp New Member

1st off z71usmc, thank u for ur service..i too salute u. keep ur head down and b safe come home well. now as for hillbillyala, what was u thinkin??? ah well enjoy. sounds allot like or temps here in mississippi..