1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hi from the big desert

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MoBillyAla, Sep 18, 2008.

1. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member

Just wanted to say hello, I have been over here for about 2 weeks now and this is my 1st chance to use internet. We stepped off the plane and the heat was about 115 deg compared to the 67-70 that we left in colorado...but somewhat acclimated now. there is a ton of gmc and chevy trucks over here when i get my camera unpacked i'll try to post up some pics. anyways gotta go later guys/girls
  2. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel New Member

haha where r u? im getting ready to leave and thats exactly what i see everyday...is quadqab 2500's runnin around everywhere...

The IA's(Iraqi Army) use the chevy 2500's and 3500s along with our humvees when they go out on convoys !!

Heres a funny pic from a few weeks ago when we detained some guys outside of base.
    [​IMG]
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Take care and be safe!
  4. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member

You're there for a year right? Take care and get home safe and sound. (All Ya'll!) Just think, two weeks down ... then it will be 2 months before you know it, and then you'll blink and you'll be on that plane coming home. :great:
  5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

thanks for your service. stay safe!
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Thanks for being there for us! Before you know it you'll "be so short you'll have to stand on a nickle to see over a dime!"!
  7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

welcome
    and i salute you

:sign0016:
  8. 454Yeti

454Yeti New Member

Hello from the little desert (Tucson). I've spent some time in the big desert as well (only 9 months). Take care out there and come back safe!
  9. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla Member

greetings from FOB Kalsu

Thanks everyone, I'm at a palce called Kalsu, not much here just sand wind and dust...but yeh almost a month down now..This is my 2nd trip here and third to the region so just going with the flow..staying hydrated...later
  10. jcshipp

jcshipp New Member

1st off z71usmc, thank u for ur service..i too salute u. keep ur head down and b safe come home well. now as for hillbillyala, what was u thinkin??? ah well enjoy. sounds allot like or temps here in mississippi..