GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

hi from VA

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by kayzen, Jun 13, 2012.

1. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, I just purchased a used Chevy 2008 Silverado 1500 "Work Truck" and I look forward to getting ya'll expert help.

Regards
  2. GMCErica

GMCErica New Member

Welcome to the GMTC family.. :) Hope that your enjoy the site. Post a picture of your truck when you can!!
  3. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Thanks Erica, its refreshing to be here "especially an upgrade from a VW bug to a Truck" a lot more space...
  4. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Welcome to the club!
  5. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Bug to Truck? Oh My Welcome
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:
  7. donyms

donyms New Member

Welcome to the GMTC, it's good to have you aboard :glasses:.
  8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!!
  9. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome.. i am really excited.. however i see a lot of work ahead of me for this truck..I would require all lot of help and advise from all of you...
  10. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Did I mention, that I bought this truck from a salvage place for $5000.00 and its a 2008 Work Truck, well I think I got a really awesome deal on this truck, mechanically this truck is in very sound condition, the first owner was an idiot, who tried to do insurance fraud and lit fire in the bed and the fire came in through the rear window and burnt the cabin area, however the wiring is still in place...but would need some work.. i found all the part required to replace in the cabin and the rear window and windshield from the salvage place for $800.00 ..So the overall cost of buying this truck with parts was $5800.00

Also i found someone who will paint the truck and install parts for $1200.00 which I think it a great price.. So i am really excited.. I think i might need some more accessories here and there but thats where I am now..

I am looking forward to getting this thing on the road.. it only has 58K miles on it and the engine is a beast!!!!

please let me know your advise and comments
  11. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker New Member

Welcome to the club bud!

Sounds like a fairly good deal to me! Is it a single cab? I like that you saved it from destruction for sure... and it gives you a fresh canvas to get what you want as far as paint goes!

I'm working on restoring my 01 GMC i just saved from an abusive home myself so interested in seeing some pics and progress on it. There's lots of experience and knowledge on this site in various areas you'll be needing. Just post questions/concerns in their appropriate thread are and I'm sure there will be lots of advice sent your way!

Again, Glad to have ya on the forum! Post some pics of it!

:sign0021:
  12. nancygrl

nancygrl New Member

:sign0016:to the site. Bug to truck...wow..Big difference. Hope you can get the Silverado on the road again quickly and start enjoying it.
  13. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Thanks I am all up for it.. i am like an sponge right now soaking up everything piece of knowledge and information..
  14. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Nancy thank you for your reply, I just got of the phone from the Paint shop guys, The truck should be ready by next weekend..with all parts installed ;-) Oh i am freaking out already!!!! lol... I never owned a truck before.. everyone made fun of me since i drove a bug.. but only i knew the truth as a student that i could not afford an expensive ride.. the bug solved its purpose and now onto a bigger truck..
  15. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Yes i am glad I was able to get this truck, to answer your question yes. It is a single cab.. I think it is a Work Truck with a smaller engine V6 4.3L but still is a beast!
  16. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Welcome to the club! You will get all the help you need here from some of the best folk around. Congratulations on being guided by the shining light of true truckdom to find this site!
  17. kayzen

kayzen New Member

hahahaha thanks... appreciate..
  18. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

Welcome! Im from Roanoke. Where is Lyn'Burg? Is that short for Lynchburg or is that actually the name?
  19. kayzen

kayzen New Member

Sorry bout the confusion, Yes I am from Lynchburg, Roanoke ..your in the neighborhood.. we should meet up sometime..
  20. catmechanic07

catmechanic07 Former Member

You'd have to catch me on a off day. I work 6 days a week, then play catch up on my day off! I actually know L'burg better than I do Roanoke. I used to deliver siding up that area for a company. Good to know someone on here is close by! Not many!!!!!