Hi guys/Girls ~ Back!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BurbanMan, May 21, 2014.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Ive been working a new job that has put a lot of responsibility on my plate. I quit working at Big O Tires as Ive never truly enjoyed busting tires for a living. I decided to go to work for O'reilly's since they opened a new store here in Cortez, CO. went in as a sales rep and they've moved me up to Assistant Manager within a 3 week period. The District manager must like what he sees in me. Its had me working close to 70hrs a week since there is only me and the store manager that can open and close the store. :money: hopefully that will change soon lol I'm tired. Any who, I hope you have all been well. [MENTION=1]Steve[/MENTION], I still have you and your family on my prayer list. Hope your son? is doing much better!

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Glad to hear you have moved up in the world, and fast! Myself and [MENTION=36460]reggiecab2000[/MENTION] used to work for Discount Tire. Slinging tires is rough. Now you get to work in the A/C! Congrats on the promo after only 3 weeks.

3. BurbanMan

Thank you! It's not a huge step up in pay, but at least I'm not being forced backwards again

4. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

Congrats on the advancement! That's a good organization from what i understand, they like to spot talent and while you're not going to get rich at that job, you will be stable and have good solid income and a good work/life balance.

5. BurbanMan

It really is a good company. They believe quite strongly about promoting from within too.

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

Good to see you back. Congrats. on the new job, hope things work out well for you. I once turned wrenches in a truck shop & we did our tire work 'in house'. I knew then that bustin' tires wasn't something I wanted to do either !

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome back.. And congrats on the move up..Hard work is always awarded...:great:

8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

congrats on the new job, and welcome back! i have been off for a while too, just a little out of rhythm tryin to get back on here more often!

9. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

Glad your back! Seems like you have a perrty darn good job to. :great:

10. BurbanMan

Thanks guys! I finally have a day off in sight too! lol