Hi there!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mike Cornett, May 1, 2011.

1. Mike Cornett

Mike Cornett New Member

Hi everyone! My name is Mike. I live in Southeastern Kentucky. Living in this region means there is only one good paying occupation around, Coal Mining! I am a proud coal miner, but hate the hours i work. Having two kids to raise as well, I seldom have time for anything else! Who hasn't had that problem?

Anyway, I have a 2005 Chevy Silverado 1500. Ive had the truck for about two years and am starting to need a little bit more out of it. The truck came with a 4.8L LR4 engine. There is not a lot of info on aftermarket parts and fittment for those parts that i have found yet, and thats why i am here. I know i will be asking some rather entry level questions, so please be patient.

Beyond that i do have one more vehicle that i am working on. i am trying to restore a '91 Mustang GT. Yeah i know, im not crazy about Ford either! Thats why im putting in a 383 Stroker down in that little body. It might be Ford tough, but it will be Chevy stuff under my hood! LOL!

I look forward to getting to know you guys, and learning more about my truck. Lord knows i sure am gonna need the help!

Have a good un!
    Mike

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard.

3. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

welcome to the club, pretty much anything that fits on the 5.3, and 6.0 will work on the 4.8 as well

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club, Mike. As jbjohnson92f said most of the same performance parts work on all three engines, programmers, CAI's, headers exhaust etc..

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

6. Mike Cornett

Mike Cornett New Member

Hey thanks guy! i've been looking around for parts. The aftermarket heads are really expensive arn't they! i was looking at a set of Trick Flow Gen V heads for it and they are like almost $2000 for the pair! I guess ill keep looking. lol

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish with your truck?? More low end torque for pulling or off-road or more higher rpm's for drag racing? Is your truck 4x4 or 2wd, reg. cab, ec cab or crewcab?? The stock heads aren't bad and with a little work they can flow some pretty good numbers and thats cheaper than new performance heads. If your truck is stock I would start with simple bolt-ons like a CAI, cat-back exhaust, longtube headers and a Diablo programmer.

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

9. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!

10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!