1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Angel Eyes

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by GrayGhost63, May 24, 2009.

1. GrayGhost63

GrayGhost63 New Member

Im lookin at buying some Angel Eye Headlights with the HID Conversion kit, was wondering how easy it is to take out those LED lights, Im just not a fan of the 3 leds between the headlights or that LED "eyebrow" look on a truck. And any one have pics of the new 07+ silverados with the halos, cant really find any pics online.
  2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I have a set of Matrix projector halo headlights in my 2005 Silverado, and I took the LED's out of them. They are a 194 bulb that sits in a rubber boot, they just pull straight out the back of the headlight. All of the newer truck headlights are different I think, you might end up having to open up the headlight to get them out. Here is a picture of what mine looked like out of the headlight, I made up that harness that you see here so your's won't look like this.

[​IMG]
  3. GrayGhost63

GrayGhost63 New Member

Alright well this might be a noob question, I dont know if there is a lenses over the LED or when you pull it is it just an empty hole, so what did u do to cover it up or is it not noticeable in the daylight after their pulled? Sick truck by the way.
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I searched and searched for a better picture than this, but I don't have any real close of the LED's. I pulled them out and removed the bulbs, but I put the rubber boots back in to keep moisture out of the housing. There is no cover over the LED's on mine, they will just leave an empty hole in the headlight if you don't put the plugs back in. When you stand back and look at them, all you see is just black you can't really tell they aren't in there unless you stand there and stare at them. This picture shows them in the headlights and marker lights, I had them held together with just rubber bands for adjustment purposes. You can barely see the LED's on the left side of the housings, they don't stick out from the surface they are actually recessed 1/8" under the chrome lip. Hope this helps, sorry for the lag in response I must have missed it! :gasp:THANKS FOR THE NICE COMMENT ON MY TRUCK, IT IS A WORK IN PROGRESS AND WILL NEVER BE FINISHED.

[​IMG]