HID are finally done!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by TritonBoulder47, Jul 25, 2012.

1. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 New Member 100 Posts

Finally bit the bullett and got a set of HIDs for my fogs and my low beams... Dame they are nice... I haven't gotten to drive with them at night yet, but I will be tonight... lol

Both sets are 35 Watt, 8000K... (http://www.ebay.com/itm/251035309904?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649)
    The fogs are hooked up direct to the factory fog light wires... I have the relay kit, but didn't use it... If They start to act up, i'll put it on...

The lows are set-up with a delay circuit and the relay kit... I looked for a couple delay circuits and most I found were only a 1-2.5 second delay and that wasn't going to be long enough for my needs. Since my remote start has "Headlight Confirmation" it flashed the low beams once activated, then keeps them on for about 3-4 seconds after it starts the truck, then flashes them and shuts them off... And I didn't feel like replacing bulbs/ballast all the time... lol
    So I found the perfect unit. The PAC TR7 User programable wth custom delay times...

Lows & Fogs:
    [​IMG]

Lows & Highs (my higs are actually the Blue Xenon Halogen bulbs... LoL)
    [​IMG]

Evening Shot:
    [​IMG]

I also bought new marker light housings, headlight housings, and fog/DRL housings... I changed the markers and headlights, but the fogs are a bigger pain then I had anticipated... So that will have to wait for aother day... lol
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Love the set up. How do you get away with the blue lights on the roof? Here in MI, I don't think red or blue lights are allowed on a car unless its a police cruiser or first responder/firefighter.
  3. TritonBoulder47

Here in PA, volunteer fire fighters & ambulance personnel run blue lights to respond to emergency scene or the station... Line officers and apparatus run red/white. PD run red/white/blue...
  4. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

nice, i like it. good job.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Now he has matching blue (8000 kelvin) headlights!
  6. jsmith4816

Any chance you can get a pic with all the lights on?
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Better have your Sunglasses on!!!!..... Look'in good Where have you been young man???
  8. TritonBoulder47

As in my emergency lights...?

9. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Love the HIDs. That video looks like a UFO landing.:lol: nice!
  10. jsmith4816

WOW!!!!!:great:. Thats awesome. The more lights you have, the better!