1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID are finally done!!!

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by TritonBoulder47, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looks good man.:great:

Alex
  2. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater Member

Looks good! I plan on putting some HID's in my truck. I just installed LED dome lights (check out the lighting forums).

Also, glad to see another volley on the site. I'm a volunteer up here in NY. You a member of elightbars?
  3. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Of course... Been a member there longer than I have here... lol
  4. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

Very nice, I should be getting mine in within the next two weeks. I went with 55W 5000k lows, and 35W 5000k fogs, I wanted the whitest light ever without having any blue or yellow involved :)
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is awesome. No one can say that they did not see you coming!
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I love the HID upgrade, I did my low beams about 2 months ago, but went with 35w 6000k and they work great. I do have a question though, where do you get the lights for the side mirrors? I am not necessarily looking for strobes, but I want white (6000k) that I can turn on when out in the country?

And I was thinking about upgrading to 55w balists.
  7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

But since you went with 2 different wattages, the colors most likely won't match...

They are called MirrorBeams and they are made by Whelen...
  8. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Holy camel dude. I don't think I have even seen an actual fire apparatus with all of that.
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Oh well the Mirror beams from whelen have been discontinued for model years 2000-2005....:-( wonder were I can find a set.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On an EMS vehicle, I suspect. Just how brave are you? :lol: