1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID bulbs in Fog Lights

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by pamessina13, Jan 16, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

Hey Guys,

I just threw some 35w 8k HID bulbs in my Fogs, here are some pics! nervous about the ballasts under there though.
    Hid Fog.jpg
    Hid Fog 2.jpg
    Hid Fog 3.jpg
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have the 35 Watt Ballest in my 08 Been in there for 2 years no problems.. Where are you?
  3. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

they look good and bright............
  4. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

Im in mass, I went out in a snowstorm yesterday and everything seemed to be alright
  5. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Looks good, I remember a friend of mine having HIDs in his fogs and they were extremely bright. What kit did you get?
  6. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

I ended up getting a xenon kit from indy auto parts in saugus, I can't remember the make but they are extremely bright and come with a 1 year warranty. I had them for the headlights but went back and traded the bulbs for fogs because they were too bright haha
  7. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

AMac, your truck looks sweet! my dad has the same truck and is in the process of blacking it out too
  8. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

Did you end up having to adjust the fog light assembly? I just installed a pair of 5K HID lights in my 2010 silverado and they are EXTREMELY bright. They shine light everywhere, I could essentially use them as my high beams.

I'm going to have to adjust them downward.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Not sure that you can adjust them I am now looking into a Twin LED Fog lights for the same opening.. Photo-0436 (1).jpg Whit the 35 watt Ballest It just is not bright enough..
  10. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

I'm positive the fog lights can be adjusted. At least on the 07 and above models. I'll try and snap a pic of the adjustment screw.