1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Color

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Als09Sierra, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member 1000 Posts

I am trying to decide if I want to go for HIDs for Christmas and want to know if anyone has suggestions for what color to go with. I want the brightest and whitest look. I'm leaning towards the 4300, but would like to get other's opinions. I don't like the blue'ish color that you see on a lot of vehicles.

I was looking on vvme.com which Rotaryenginepete included in his write-up (which is a great guide :great:), but am having a hard time picking a color. If anyone has pics of their HIDs lit-up, I'd appreciate it. It's hard to pick colors based on the bulbs themselves.
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

4300k will give you the best light output and will look the least blueish in color.
  3. redneck70

redneck70 Member

OEM car manufacturers equip their cars with 4100k to 4300k HID bulbs which produce the most daylight-like light output, so if you want to stay away from the blue'ish color (which is pretty much anything 5000k and higher) 4300k should be just right. Anything lower say 3000k and your getting into fog light color.
  4. Als09Sierra

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but also have a hard time seeing the 5000 and 6000 color. They look similar. Also, does anyone know if with DRLs I need the harness for both low and hi beams if I do both in HID?
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I have 6000's in my Fogs with a 35watt Ballest..They look very white.. Al you can see them in person on the 19th.... :)
  6. Als09Sierra

I hope I do. :)
    I wasnt thinking about the fog lights, but should I consider doing all 3 (lo/hi/fogs)? That might be slightly over the budget, but what's Christmas for?
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I found mine for $40.00 for the whole kit on Ebay The best $40.00 I have ever spent... Even the wife said good buy....
  8. Als09Sierra

That's a great price. I always thought HID kits were in the $200 range until I read Rotaryenginepete's thread. They were $55, but are on sale. I'm hoping my wife will say the same thing. :)

Congrats on the ROTM nomination. Good luck.
  9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts

That is a crazy cheap price!
  10. Als09Sierra

vvme.com is having a sale through the end of the month. I priced out low beams with the harness for DRL for $50, and high beams for around $30. I may even replace my fog lights.