1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Conversion (w/pics)

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ffdsmokeeater, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

Installed my new HID lights over the weekend. I went with the ddmtuning HID kits. Purchased the 5000K kits, 35watt fog lights, 55watt low beams. Total was $99 shipped to my door.

They are EXTREMELY bright! I am very impressed, and I'm very happy with the crystal clear color. Only downfall is that they are almost too bright. I'm afraid of blinding oncoming traffic. I had to adjust my headlights to point them more downward to a point where I think they are OK. As for the fog lights, they are shining light everywhere and it's so bad that I could probably use them as my headlights. Going to try and adjust the fog lights this week, as for now I'll leave them off...

Anyone else have this problem?

Here are some comparison pictures.

Before vs after
    HID Before After.jpg

Comparison
    20130210_135924.jpeg

Final product
    20130210_151433.jpeg

Final product
    20130210_155508.jpg
  2. Andy_Panda

Andy_Panda New Member

Wow that's a huge difference ...looks great
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

So you did your Fogs AND the driving lights? (Headlights) Is your fog light lens plastic or Glass?
  4. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

Yes, both fog lights and lowbeams (driving lights). Both lenses are plastic. In fact, I'm not sure of ANY vehicle on the market that has glass lenses... do you?
  5. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

Ram trucks up to 2008 (2009 for the 2500 and 3500). They were the worst for having rocks break the fog lights. There might still be some vehicles with glass fog lights but I don't think there are many of them
  6. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

My Explorer had glass fog lights. I wonder if there is a way to modify the Ford Fusion fog lamps into the NNBS fog lamp housing. From what I understand, the Fusions fog lamps are projector style lamps. I got my HID kit from DDM. 5000k 55w kit. I need to adjust them downward because I leveled my truck. Had them on for over a year with no problems.