1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID conversion

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Kraziken, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

Has anyone here done it?

I'm concerned about output, so I would be looking at lower color range 4300k. But my rig is lifted, so I'm concerned about blinding people.

At the same time, I'm sick of the poor headlights. In rain conditions, sometimes I have to ask myself if I remembered to turn on the headlights.

As an alternative, I may buy some driving lights, but I haven't seen any ones that look decent locally.
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

4300 actually has the highest lumens output, as long as you readjust your lights for the lift you should be fine. Do you have the factory foglights? you could make them HID and leave your headlights and that would make a big difference and you wouldnt have to worry about blinding people
  3. Kraziken

Kraziken New Member 100 Posts

Yeah, I want to avoid that bluish color, in the higher color range. It seems to be annoying, at least to me.

I don't have the factory foglights, but maybe I'll look to add those and convert.

Thanks
  4. TurboChris

TurboChris New Member

Do it. You won't regret it.....just make sure your headlights aren't all fogged out. I LOVE my hids.