HID fog lights behind grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevymanlobo, Aug 27, 2011.

1. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

Alright so before I start. I'm letting everyone know I'm super cheap! Lol i have a nbbs chevy silverado and i want to get some of the cheapo fog lights from walmart(ones with the blue plastic) and put some 8k hids (to match all my other lights)in them and mount behind the grill. I've seen ajarmans post and think I could do it. There H3 bulbs and I think I could just put the hids in them and mount them up and they would work good. What do y'all think? Also I'm unsure on how to drill and instal the switch to turn them on. Any help from fellow GM buddies?

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Sounds good to me, just get HID conversion kits with the H3 bulbs for your fog lights. As for the switch, I wouldn't use the switch that comes w/ the walmart fog lights (if they even come with one....) it's probably a POS. Here is a basic diagram of how to wire fog lights with a relay and an in-line fuse (just as a precaution). http://media.photobucket.com/image/...corwyyn/jeep%20stuff/relay-diagram_small2.jpg To run the wires for the switch, look for a grommet or something similar where wires enter into the cab to pass your wires through the firewall. Hope this helps!