HID Foglight Help

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Rekrek, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Rekrek

Rekrek New Member

So my truck did not orginally come with forglights. So, I boght some euro foglights and wired it up to a factory switch ( which i bouhgt) and they worked fine. ThenI bought some HID foglights and hooked them up and nothning, the HID foglights wont turn on, hooked up as I have the factory foglights working.

I know the HID foglights work as ive as I tested them before and after and i have no idea what to do? Ive also staright wired them and nothing, i need help!

2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I don't have any fog lights on my truck, but I had the head lights upgraded to HID's. Did you install everything? (Did they come with ballast's and relay's?

3. Rekrek

Rekrek New Member

Yezs they did, I can not undertand, regular foglights work fine with toggel switch, but once I hook up the fog HID's the toggle shows power and there is power to the fog HID's but they will not turn on.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they work, cause I hooked them up to my cousins Escalade and they worked fine? Confused? So I'am!

4. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

It would seem there is a wireing issue than. I say that cause you know they work on another truck and you checked power to them. Maybe something with the ballast.

5. Rekrek

Rekrek New Member

I know the HID's work as they worked on another truck however my regular forlights worked fine with my wiring and toggel but for some reason the HID's will not cut on when I turn the toggel on. I know power is going to them as ive tested for that, im so confused.