Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

HID headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Jason2325, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

Okay so here's the problem. I just put some Xentec HID fog lights on my truck. I had to rig them in there via apoxing them to the light housing. I put them on connected them to the battery and ballest(I know I can't spell) got going down the road with them and they blew a 15amp fuse so I put a 20 amp fuse in and it blew it right away. Any help on how to fix it?

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Did you add relays? Did you add the optional power harness that runs directly from the battery to the headlights? That makes it so you only use your stock headlight circuit for the "on" signal for the lights, not running all that power thru it.