HID light question

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Burden33, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

right now im only runningn hid in my low beam since i lost my fog lights and was looking for a more of a blue to the headlights and was wondering if 8000k be to much for night driving?

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

6000k is the highest I would go for HIDs. I think 8000k is too blue and kinda ricey IMO, but 6000k has just the right amount of blue while still putting out a good amount of usable light.

3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the 8,000k...to me its not that blue. For me its right in the middle not totally white but just about blue.

* This is only a non scientific observation.

Attached Files:

4. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

8 is a pretty good medium IMO. When you purchase you should ask about warm up times, sometimes it's a large amount of time and makes cycling dangerous. I had a pair from extreme HID and they were dangerous because of the in between warm up time

5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the 10k low beams and they aren't that blue only time they are is when they powerup for a few seconds and they clear up to a whitish blue color. SSTONER's 8k are really close to the 10k theres not awhole lot of difference. If you want more of a blue tint these will be the choice without it looking cheap and tacky.

6. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

I disagree. I have 8000k in my lows highs and fogs and they are amazing at night. To me they seem more white a little bit of blue. I think 8000k and 6000k look the best with almost the same light output