1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID light question

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Burden33, Feb 7, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

right now im only runningn hid in my low beam since i lost my fog lights and was looking for a more of a blue to the headlights and was wondering if 8000k be to much for night driving?
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

6000k is the highest I would go for HIDs. I think 8000k is too blue and kinda ricey IMO, but 6000k has just the right amount of blue while still putting out a good amount of usable light.
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have the 8,000k...to me its not that blue. For me its right in the middle not totally white but just about blue.

* This is only a non scientific observation.

Attached Files:

4. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

8 is a pretty good medium IMO. When you purchase you should ask about warm up times, sometimes it's a large amount of time and makes cycling dangerous. I had a pair from extreme HID and they were dangerous because of the in between warm up time
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have the 10k low beams and they aren't that blue only time they are is when they powerup for a few seconds and they clear up to a whitish blue color. SSTONER's 8k are really close to the 10k theres not awhole lot of difference. If you want more of a blue tint these will be the choice without it looking cheap and tacky.
  6. chevymanlobo

chevymanlobo Rockstar

I disagree. I have 8000k in my lows highs and fogs and they are amazing at night. To me they seem more white a little bit of blue. I think 8000k and 6000k look the best with almost the same light output