1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Light Roll-Call ~ Who's Got them? What type do you have? Where did you get them

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ChevyFan, Dec 2, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ok, I'm doing a poll for everyone with HID lights. Let's just get some information on this so I can move and try to get a good HID vendor or two signed up here as a sponsor.

If you have HID lights in any GM vehicle that you own, just reply to this thread with the following.

- What type of HID lights you have.
    - Where did you get them?
    - Did you install yourself or have them put in?
    - Any special kit that you put in? Give specifics if you did.
    - Anything else you can comment on about getting HID lights.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2011
  2. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

ok i guess im first i got 5000k hid from spencers hids out of alaska. Me and my buddy instlaled the lights it was just plug and play. imho its like everything else you get what you pay for my lows and fogs cost me 350 shipped to me but i got lifetime warranty on my lights and i dont have to send anything back i just got to just take a picture of it and he will send anything i need out to me.
  3. McMahan

McMahan New Member

I have 8000K Highs and Lows and 6000K in the DRL's in the SSS from DDM Tuning and I did it myself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have 6000k high/low and 3500K fogs in our Cobalt SS/TC from Krypton Bulbs and did it all myself
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

low beam-10000K HID
    intensehid.com
    put in myself
    battery relay harness (i would advise you get one, more protection)
    almost 2 years old and still runnin
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

I thought the battery relay harness came with all kits?
  6. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

-HID extreme (digital ballast)
    -250 bucks per high and per low
    -installed myself
    -have to reverse polarity
    -like all HIDs, they suck but look cool. Quality kit with slim ballasts, no burn outs. Pics on my big build thread part two.

-had fog light HIDs when I bought it, they are 8000k and seem to warm up fast, the install was garbage though.
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

some do some dont, on the website i order from its a choice, but like i said i strongly recommend you use a battery relay harness
  8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

I got some off eBay. They are 6500K. Cost me about $35 shipped to my house. I got a relay kit off eBay too for $10. Installed both by myself. Took me a little while because I took my time and hid all the wires and my wife wanted to help me. So far no complaints. My friend complimented mine the other night, he said his didn't light up the road as well as mine.
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I've been talking with Spencer about his website and seeing if he wants to be a sponsor on here or not. Glad to know that you had a good experience with him and his business.
  10. freddie

freddie New Member

what brand is a good brand to go with?