HID Problem

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ..chevy4life.., Feb 2, 2011.

1. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

so i installed HIDs a couple weeks ago and love them but in the nnbs silverados the headlights are on all the time while driving. During the day my HIDs flicker on and off every once and a while. i only know this when im at a stop light and can seee the reflection on the back of the car in front of me lol. I checked all the connections and they are fine and it doesnt happen at night. any ideas as to why this is happening?

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you didn't get the harness for DRLs, you need to disable them by pulling the fuse. I had the same issue when I installed mine. The auto headlights will still work, but you'll have to turn your lights on during the day if you want them on.

3. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

Ok thanks. ill have to check it out and pull the fuse tomorrow.

4. Als09Sierra

It's very easy and will fix the problem right away. The fuse box in your engine compartment has a diagram telling you which fuse to pull. The fuse puller tool is in the fuse box in the cab.

5. Als09Sierra

Let us know if that fixed the problem.

6. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

yea fixed it. took me less than a minute. i would rather not drive around during the day with them on anyways. thanks agian!

7. Als09Sierra

Glad it worked out. I had the additional confusion on my high beams. I had to turn the plug around going to the ballast, but it threw me off for awhile. The worst part was having to take the air box out each time. :)

8. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

Thanks again. and i didnt have to pull the air box out. i just pulled the headlight out.

9. Als09Sierra

Where did you mount your ballast? I could've pulled the headlight but didn't see anywhere to mount the ballast.

10. first be

first be New Member

Glad it worked out. I had the additional confusion on my high beams. I had to turn the plug around going to the ballast, but it threw me off for awhile. The worst part was having to take the air box out each time.