1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Problem

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by ..chevy4life.., Feb 2, 2011.

1. Etownoilers006

Etownoilers006 New Member

Chevy4Life

Did you buy new lens for your HID lights? As I've heard they can melt your lens. I just bought my own set of lights and still waiting to install them.
  2. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

umm idk exactly how to explain it but i just zip tied it to a pillar that was inbetween the air box and the head light
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got it. I was concerned about being too close to the radiator, which left me down under my Volant CAI.
  4. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

See, I was told my HID's would melt my lenses. However, I've never had any issues with mine. I think it's just something people that hate HID's say because they don't like them.
  5. ..chevy4life..

..chevy4life.. Rockstar

i know a lot of people with HIDs with many different types of vehicles and never heard of anyones lense melting so i think youll be safe. the only case i see that happening is maybe if its in a small fog light but truck headlights are pretty big and the bulb is pretty far from the lenses.