HID Projectors for 07+ Avy/Tahoe/Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by dobey, Dec 8, 2012.

1. dobey

dobey Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Does anyone know a good set of projector headlamp housings which can be used well with Xenon HID bulbs? I tried a set of the ones from Spyder Auto to no avail. They use H1 projectors, but it's a shallow projector, so the longer Xenon bulbs won't fit. Had to return them. Would like a design that's as similar to stock as possible (but not necessarily shiny chrome, and with smoked lens). Unfortunately, none of the manufacturers have enough info on their web sites, nor do the retailers, and getting answers through their support contacts doesn't seem to work very well either.

Anzo seems to make a set that is similar enough to stock design to be nice, so would prefer them. Anyone used them with HID bulbs, or know of any other halo/projector housings that work well with Xenon HID builbs?

Thanks.

2. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I am gonna suggest doing a retrofit. Most people who retrofit their stock housings use the Morimoto mini's and they use H1 bulbs. You can find the kit plus the relay for the H11 harness to ballast. Those Anzo, Spyder and all the other ebay ones are meant for halogen bulbs and not HID bulbs.
    The hardest part about a retrofit is getting the housings open. Most use a dremel. When I am ready to do my retrofit, I am going to be using a hot knife/soldering hot blade...whatever you wanna call it.
    But if you want to do those Anzo, Spyder type housings, get some Silverstar ultras or something as they will work better in those housings than HID's will

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I had these headlights.jpg In my Truck for a while Light output was not that great but they did look cool. Halos were not as bright as I wanted But had a small crash and put my stocks back in with HID's in my fogs and Sylvania ZXE's in my Headlights.. hidpic1.jpg ets_avalanche.jpg

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

a little late but.....
    from personal experience with aftermarket projectors, dont waste your money, do it right the first time with a proper retrofit....
    look up the morimotos, youd be surprised how easy it is! and did i mention it costs less too??? :party: