Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

HID Questions

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Padre, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Padre

Padre Rockstar

I've read a lot about HID lights here, and I just got off the phone with DDMTuning.

I want to put HID's on my low beams, high beams and fogs, but I've read that the DRL's interfere with HID lights. I called and talked to Leif and he said that if the DRL's are full power, then no problem. Half-power, problem.

Does anyone know if the 2009 Silverado's have full power or half-power DRL's? My dealer seems to think they are full power but don't know for sure.

Also, will putting the HID's in give me a bulb out error?

Thanks!!!

2. TwoBelowZero

TwoBelowZero New Member

I have a 2009 Sillverado and I have HID's on my Low's and just got the fog lights done today. I haven't had any problems with them so far.

3. Padre

Padre Rockstar

Good! I'll order them then.

4. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

DEFINETLY pull your DRL fuses. On NNBS trucks the DRL's provide half power and they will starve the ballasts ultimately leading to a malfunction and then you will need new ballasts. HID's will not give you a bulb out error but you will definetly want to get rid of your DRL fuses. Cheap insurance in my opinion.

5. 97chevz71

97chevz71 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

would i need to pull the fuse on a 97 with drl