1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID retrofit

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blaze1608, Feb 21, 2013.

1. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

I heard of doing this through a buddy of mine and I would like to get it done to my truck. My question is, is their a single xenon projector out there rather then a Bi-xenon projector, because it seems like a bit of a waste if I already have a set of highbeams and do not need the high and low beam from my HIDS. Second what is the risk?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those are questions best left to a company the specializes in retrofits.
  3. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 New Member

I dont get the question, are you saying what is the point of having hi and lows both hid?
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Do you want a single bulb to do Both? A new housing?
  5. blaze1608

blaze1608 New Member

What I want to do is use the projector HID as my low beam, but most companies only make Bi-xenon projector housing. Meaning that the light can be used as both a high beam and a low beam setting, by using a shield to cover some of the light. That's the source of my problem, because I figure I have high beams already due to Chevy's design of using separate bulbs for the high and low beam, so if I could find a single xenon projector, logically it would probably be cheaper, but I can also use a Bi-xenon which will still work but it cost more.

- - - Updated - - -

no I understand the point as to why use HIDS for high and low beam. What I am saying is I want to use my low beam and put a projector in the housing to concentrate the light. Getting a High Beam HID seems like a bit of a waste, mainly because the projected HID should supplement the high beam if not supersede it, for safe road driving, where as the high beam is used if drivers piss me off.