1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by WilliamsZ71, Apr 16, 2007.

1. WilliamsZ71

WilliamsZ71 New Member

Hey all,

I currently own a 05 Silverado Crew, I have a new 07 GMC Crew on order. I just wanted some opinions on some recommended HID conversion kits for the new truck's low beam. I am thinking about going with the PIAA conversion kit but its kinda pricy at around $950 Cad. Any other good quality brands out there that are recommended?

Thanks
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

Check them out first there are soo many different PIAA conv. kits. You want to make sure that its the simplified kit and its basically plug and play. Then theres some (most) that you have to tackle the wiring harnesses, i know ive seen a PIAA kit where you just plug in ur stock connector into an adapter, then some sorta control box, and on the other end atttached to some wire was the HID lights, the heardest part of that kit is to mount the control box, which the rep. said ppl usually zip tie somewhere lol. Is it 950$ with lens? or just the HID's?

Does anyone know if you have one bulb for high/low, do you still have highs when you put in HIDS?
  3. WilliamsZ71

WilliamsZ71 New Member

The PIAA HID conversion kit is a plug and play and ya it do come with the ballast. The one I was looking at is the cobalt 6200K Conversion Kit. They can be used for high or low beam...9006/9005 bulbs.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I just installed one of these kits on my 2006 Silverado and am very pleased with it.
  5. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

what bulb temp did you get? i like the 6000 and the 12000
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry for the late reply,:rolleyes:
    I installed the 6000.
  7. Stevenseagal10

Stevenseagal10 New Member

hid headlights

i bought a set of 12,000K and they arent very bright, but look sweet. the higher the temp the less the road will reflect due to the blue/violet light. i recommend 6000K
  8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hey, any idea why my HID kit doesn't work with my Suburban.It is the 9006 low beams,and I do have dAYLIGHT RUNNING LIGHTS.However I pulled the DRL fuse,so they "should" work-I thought.My normal bulbs work with the DRL fuse pulled.
    Help,
    CHARLIE
    PS My suspicion is that the low beam circuit is sorta hard wired to initially start with low voltage,so maybe I can't bypass it? I think the HIDs require full voltage?