Hidden hitch itch

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bac-n-afect, Dec 3, 2009.

1. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

I have taken time to literally stare at my trucks rear end. Ha ha say what you will but I am trying to decide if I want to spring for a roll pan bumper. I have the trailering package and need to retain that feature. So I am curious if anyone has installed a roll pan on a NBS before. As I stared at the underside of my current bumper I realized that I probally wouldn't be able to retain my current hitch but making that change dosent bother me. I REALLY don't want to try to find a new place for my spare to live. Any Ideas?

2. bac-n-afect

P.S.

In conjunction with my previous post about the Hidden Hitch Itch, I kind of like the newer Avalanche rear bumpers. Has anyone ever swapped? AVALANCHE -> NBS

3. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

I found a kit a jegs a bout a year ago or so...its not really a "kit" but its a roll pan and you can buy a "hidden hitch" and licence plate bracket that puts the hitch behind your license plate. I think they make 2 options. one you can swing the plate out of the way and the other you just remove the plate... I think the company is precision grilles or something of that nature....Hope this helps good luck

4. ghuev

ghuev New Member

Street scene makes a nice set up. They have a regular roll pan and one that has the SS ducts in it. They also have the hidden hitch, and you can keep your spare.

5. bac-n-afect

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out

6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I think sir michaels (I dont know how its spelled) has a kit that moves it like 2 inches back. Is it a crew cab?

7. bac-n-afect

Ext cab

Check out my pics from my profile

8. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok so you have a nnbs Ext cab. I haven't seen a spare tire relocator for the nnbs trucks so I dont know if you would even need to move it. BrownPride is the only person I know of that has a roll pan on the nnbs chevys. Try messaging him and see what he has to say.