1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Hidden hitch itch

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bac-n-afect, Dec 3, 2009.

1. bac-n-afect

bac-n-afect Rockstar 100 Posts

I have taken time to literally stare at my trucks rear end. Ha ha say what you will but I am trying to decide if I want to spring for a roll pan bumper. I have the trailering package and need to retain that feature. So I am curious if anyone has installed a roll pan on a NBS before. As I stared at the underside of my current bumper I realized that I probally wouldn't be able to retain my current hitch but making that change dosent bother me. I REALLY don't want to try to find a new place for my spare to live. Any Ideas?
  2. bac-n-afect

P.S.

In conjunction with my previous post about the Hidden Hitch Itch, I kind of like the newer Avalanche rear bumpers. Has anyone ever swapped? AVALANCHE -> NBS
  3. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

I found a kit a jegs a bout a year ago or so...its not really a "kit" but its a roll pan and you can buy a "hidden hitch" and licence plate bracket that puts the hitch behind your license plate. I think they make 2 options. one you can swing the plate out of the way and the other you just remove the plate... I think the company is precision grilles or something of that nature....Hope this helps good luck
  4. ghuev

ghuev New Member

Street scene makes a nice set up. They have a regular roll pan and one that has the SS ducts in it. They also have the hidden hitch, and you can keep your spare.
  5. bac-n-afect

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out
  6. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I think sir michaels (I dont know how its spelled) has a kit that moves it like 2 inches back. Is it a crew cab?
  7. bac-n-afect

Ext cab

Check out my pics from my profile
  8. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ok so you have a nnbs Ext cab. I haven't seen a spare tire relocator for the nnbs trucks so I dont know if you would even need to move it. BrownPride is the only person I know of that has a roll pan on the nnbs chevys. Try messaging him and see what he has to say.